Terms and Conditions
Employer Terms and Conditions
By registering on myFuture you are agreeing to the terms of the Edinburgh Napier University Data Protection Policy Statement and our Employer Privacy Statement on how we will use your data and communicate with you, allowing us to share the information you have provided with matriculated students, graduates and University staff. This will include publishing relevant information on our website.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is up-to-date, accurate and not misleading in any respect. This includes ensuring that any job/s advertised or promoted are non-discriminatory and comply with relevant employment, equality, and other applicable legislation. A non exhaustive list of applicable Legislation guidance for the UK can be found here:
We will respond to and process all service bookings or job advertisement requests within 3 working days. If we need to contact you to discuss your request or seek further information, this may delay the process. As part of this process, we may make minor amendments or edits to the information you have provided, to comply with our system requirements. However, we do not guarantee that myFuture , or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We have a responsibility to our students which means that we are unable to advertise or promote:
- Adverts or promotions that do not include a named employer and specific job details in the job advertisement or promotional information.
- Jobs, placements or other opportunities that we deem to be inappropriate or unsuitable for promotion to our students and graduates.
- For part time opportunities we recommend that they don't require more than a 20 hour per week commitment as this may have an adverse effect on our students studies
Advertisements and/or promotions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to myFuture or any content on it, whether express or implied and will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, myFuture or the use of or reliance on any content displayed on myFuture.
We do not guarantee that access to myFuture, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of myFuture without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason myFuture is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Employer Terms and Conditions through your use of myFuture. When a breach of these Employer Terms and Conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which may include, without limitation, immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any advertisement and/or promotion from myFuture.
Please get in touch if you have any queries.
In writing to:
Edinburgh Napier University
Alternatively you can email us.